Possible causes for no connection
1. Incorrect Host IP address
2. The host requires an answerback message from you during login.
If so, find out what it is and use MacWise Connection Scripts under the File Menu.
3. The host requires that your client ID be entered in the TCP Network preferences for OS X.
4. You are not using the correct port. Port 23 is standard but yours might be different.
5. The host requires that your Mac be in a range of valid IP addresses.
6. You have not opened the connection.
7. Your Mac is not connected to a network or Internet.